Today I thought I’d do something a bit different from what I usually post here. I’ll do a January favorites. Bookish things, of course, because everything in my life is bookish, but also some other things I’ve really loved this month.
I can’t make a list like this without including my favorite books of the month now, can I? The best reads of January were:
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I absolutely cannot believe I didn’t read these earlier. They’re definitely at the top 5 of my all time faves, and my love for Kaz Brekker is out of this world.
- Ordbrodösen by Anna Arvidsson. This was a debut by a Swedish author and I enjoyed it so much! I’ll post my Swedish review shortly.
Music is another great passion of mine. I love listening to music and discovering new bands. Now, I haven’t listened to that much new things this month but I’ve rediscovered some things so I’ll share that.
- Save Rock n’ Roll by Fall Out Boy. This is a favorite from 2014, I think, but I started listening to it again this month and oh my god, it’s still one of my favorite albums of all time.
- Lane Boy by Twenty One Pilots. I’ve loved Twenty One Pilots for such a long time but this month I’ve fallen really hard for Lane Boy especially.
- 2Cellos. 2Cellos is, well, two cellos. They’re two guys making cello covers of popular songs. This is a new discovery for me, but I really like them. I find it to be perfect to read to.
Movies and tv shows
I don’t watch a lot of tv shows or movies. This is mainly because there’s no time to do so between studying and reading along with my other activities. That being said, I did watch some pretty great stuff this month.
- The Force Awakens. Okay, okay, I suck, I know. I should’ve watched this a long time ago, but truth to be told, I never watched episode VI, and I had to do that before ep VII. Now I have though, and while I didn’t like VI very much, The Force Awakens was SO good.
- Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters finally started in January after a long, long break. But it was so worth it! Season 2 is already so much better than the first, and I even loved that. Amazing.
- Suits. I haven’t gotten far into this show, but I started it and I’m enjoying it a whole lot. I love how witty it is.
Basically, I recommend everything in this post. What are some of your favorite things you discovered or did in January?