Yet another month has passed, and it’s time for another favorites post. This month I decided to include a wrap-up as well, since I want to promote the LGBTQ+ books I’ve been reading for #PRIDEMONTHBOOKS. I don’t think I’ve ever been as sad for the end of a month as I am now. There’s something special in coming together as a community in a time of pure pride of ourselves. I’m getting sappy. ANYWAY. Here’s the favorites.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I’m aware this isn’t a LGBTQ+ book but I finished it on June 1st so shhh. It was very (very very) good regardless and I’ll recommend it to every single person I meet.
- How To Make A Wish by Ashley Herring Blake. This was also SO GOOD. One of my new favorite romances (maybe my fav??) and a PERFECT summer read. Pick it up!
- Dodie Clark. In general. What I’ve been playing on repeat though is her covers of City of Stars, Someone In The Crowd and Come Together. (I guess I should put Jon Cozart on here too, as he’s in two of the three…)
- La La Land soundtrack. Kind of cheating as I mentioned the La La Land covers from dodie but fuck it the originals are good too.
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN. I’ve probably talked about this glorious musical before but it’s still relevant. So yeah, I’ve been into musical sounding music lately.
MOVIES AND TV SHOWS
- Wonder Woman. I’m a huge fan of superhero movies, and getting to see one where the hero is a woman. HOLY SHIT.
- Shadowhunters. Specifically episode 13 in season 2. Even if you don’t wanna watch the whole show, PLEASE watch this episode. It brought up some Real Shit™.
How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake – my favourite book this month and one of my new favourite contemporaries! Love!!
It’s Not Like It’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura – Kind of a let down, review here.
That’s that! Would also like to take a minute to thank you so much for 100 followers on here! It’s such a huge milestone and I’m so thankful that you saw my blog and decided it was worth following. Thank you thank you thank you.
What have been some of your favorites (bookish or not) this month?
Thanks for reading!